2. Tell us something about your work before "BalaTakes the Plunge"?
3. Did you always want to be a writer? How did you get into writing? What inspired you to write "Bala Takes the Plunge"?
4. What kind of people do you think this book will reach out to?
5. What is your favourite thing about books and reading? How have books made an impact on your life?
get in your everyday life. Books have made me more empathetic, more attuned to
the viewpoints of others. Rohinton Mistry’s “A Fine Balance”, for example, took
me right into the world of the poor and oppressed, showing me vividly what they
have to endure. (That’s a book I need to re-read!)
6. Quick take. Answer the following with the first words/phrase that comes toyour mind, in five words or less:
- Life – full of challenges, surprises
- India – never boring
- Bala (the character) – keeps trying
- Books – not enough shelf space